Frequently Asked Questions
- If my tax return is audited, how will I be notified?
- I have received a letter stating my tax return is under audit. What happens next?
- Can an attorney, accountant, or other representative represent during the audit?
- Will the auditor visit my home, business, or representative’s office?
- Do your auditors only review the Louisiana tax return?
- Do you assess federal income tax on changes to the federal tax return?
- What documentation should I provide to the auditor?
- How do I deliver the documentation to the auditor?
- What if I cannot provide documentation to support an item on my tax return?
- Can the auditor advise me on issues under audit?
- The audit has been completed. How do I know if I owe additional tax?
- The audit has been completed and I agree with the adjustments. Do I file an amended Louisiana tax return?
- I agree with the adjustments made to my return. Can I pay the balance due?
- I disagree with the adjustments made to my return. What do I do?
- I agree that I owe the additional tax, but I do not believe I should pay the penalties. What do I do?
- I have additional questions. Who can I contact?
top of page