The Louisiana Department of Revenue is implementing stricter security measures to protect the identities of our taxpayers. Final processing of your state income tax return might require you to verify your identity. If verification is required, you will need to complete the Identity Verification Quiz.
Not all taxpayers must take the Identity Verification Quiz.
Identity verification is required only for taxpayers who received an Identity Verification Letter instructing them to complete the quiz.
The Louisiana Department of Revenue has implemented a NEW identity verification quiz. The new quiz is only available for taxpayers that were sent a quiz letter after 01/01/2016.
If you received a quiz letter prior to 01/01/2016, please submit verification documents as listed below in the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you received an Identity Verification Quiz letter after 01/01/2016, click here to take the quiz.
Frequently Asked Questions
- After I take the quiz, how soon can I expect to receive my state income tax refund?
- If you successfully verify your identity, the normal processing time for returns filed electronically is up to 60 days. For paper returns, the normal processing time is 12 to 14 weeks.
- If you are unable to verify your identity, you will be asked to submit additional information to complete the processing of your state individual income tax return.
- What information is needed in order to take the quiz?
- The last (4) four digits of the primary taxpayer’s social security number (SSN)
- Letter ID number at the top of the identity verification letter
- Louisiana Individual income tax return for the previous tax year
- If additional information is needed, what will I be asked to submit?
- Copy of page 1 and 2 of your federal return
- Copy of your wage and income statements (w2s, 1099s, etc.)
- Copy of one form of identification (driver’s license, social security card, identification card, etc.)
- Copy of the Louisiana Department of Revenue Identity Verification Letter
- Where do I send the additional information?
Louisiana Department of Revenue
Attention: TRIP (Tax Refund Intercept Program)
P O Box 3929
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3929